Thursday, March 12, 2009

Food: Faux Rice Pudding

Prior to RNY gastric bypass I loved to eat rice pudding. Now that I don't eat rice anymore I have really had a craving for rice pudding so I searched the web and came across this recipe on http://mommywhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/2007/09/cottage-cheese-faux-rice-pudding.html
for faux rice pudding made with cottage cheese. Purrrfect, it's low in sugar and high in protein woohoo. It also tastes pretty darn good.

Faux Rice Pudding

1c low fat cottage cheese
1tsp instant sugar free vanilla pudding mix
3 tbs 2 % milk
pinch of cinnamon
Optional: sprinkling of raisins, nuts or fruit, dash of Splenda for extra sweetness


In a bowl combine cottage cheese, pudding mix, milk and cinnamon.
Stir until all ingredients until combined.
Cover and refrigerate for 15 min.
Before serving sprinkle on top any of the optional ingredients.
Dig in!!

Serving: I eat 4oz at a time. So instead of measuring 1 cup of cottage cheese I weighed 8oz of cottage cheese then added the rest of the ingredients. Then I split the recipe in half for two servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment