Friday, July 10, 2009

Music: Esperanza Spalding at Miller Outdoor Theater




"Charismatic and Soulful, a Maturing Star of Jazz" says the New York Times.


Look it's me and Xander jazzin' out at Miller Outdoor Theater courtesy of the great stylings of Esperanza Spalding!


We, being me, my bestest friend Yvonne and my Godson Xander, had the pleasure of seeing Esperanza Spalding at Miller Outdoor Theater in May. The performance was put on by The Society for the Performing Arts.

*RITMO LATINOMay 29, 8:00 pm Widely held as a child prodigy on the double bass within months of first cradling the imposing instrument a a 15-year old, Esperanza Spalding has hardly stopped to catch her breath in the years since. Blessed with uncanny instrumental chops, a multi-lingual voice that is part angel and part siren, and a natural beauty that borers on hypnotic, the 23-year old prodigy-turned pro might well be the hope for the future of jazz and instrumental music.

You tube videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8gynGy8pSg I know you know
Yvonne Taylor's website (my oldest and best friend) http://www.yvonnewrites.com/

It was amazing. Below is a snippet of the concert. She was fun, intense, energetic, personable and very cool. She is categorized as alternative jazz but if you like jazz or neuvo soul or samba try her out and she may be your new fav!

2 comments:

  1. I am so impressed!! I hadn't a clue. I'll keep up now that I know. And, thx for visiting the family blog, & leaving a comment. I surely hope u will participate...yr DH, too. LOL, G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today is the day after Thanksgiving, and I have read your blog once more. Can you share it's "short life" (six months?). It's really quite good. Especially between the lines. Love, G.

    ReplyDelete