Thursday, April 15, 2010

FOOD ADDICTION and FOOD OBSESSION

Wow, this is me to a T!! I too morn my old relationship with food. It's like the death of a spouse or best friend. It's losing the thing/person you do everything with. I went through and still go through all the mental battles she talks about. The one difference between her and I are the consequences of over eating. I don't have pain or vomiting (though there have been times I wish I could have vomited). For me when I overeat, within 30 min, I feel horrible like I suddenly got the flu and it takes 30 min to an hour to go away. If I eat poorly, not overeat, over a couple of days by the third day I feel so tired and grumpy that I'll often do protein shakes for 24 hours to get my body back to feeling normal. I think for me after bariatric surgery gastric bypass (rny) I have more sugar or diabetic reactions to food. When I eat too many carby foods, which I normally avoid, like pasta/bread/rice I feel so sluggish. I think that is more of a diabetic type reaction. I pretty much reserve my carb consumption to those carbs found in nature so fruits and vegetables. Of course I should also mention I avoid those carby foods bc like chips I want to eat more than just one bite. Watch this video bypass babies and know you are not the only one who feels crazy in relation to food.

No comments:

Post a Comment