Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Food: Atkins Chocolate Chip Granola Bar (Low sugar and carbs)

I just tried the Atkins Chocolate Chip Granola Bar.  I am a big fan of their ready to drink protein shakes.  They were on sale at Randall's so I picked up the three that had high protein.  This one by far is my favorite and has 17 grams of protein and 200 calories.  It tastes like rice crispies mixed with maple syrup put over a nice layer of chocolate.  It's crunchy and very chocolatey.  I would not classify it truly as a granola bar since it's really rice crispies not granola.  I would definitely eat this one again and will add it into rotation.  I am not so sure about the other ones I tried bc they were too much like the old school style protein bars that are really firm and taste like protein powder.  They weren't terrible but they weren't um um good like this one.

http://www.atkins.com/Products/AvailableProducts3l2/Atkins-Advantage-Bars.aspx

Here are some links if you want to buy a variety pack to try them out.  Note:  I tried the ones that were 10 grams of protein and higher and the Chocolate Chip Granola was the only one I was excited about. Atkins Advantage Caramel Bars, Variety Pack (Chocolate Peanut Nougat, Double Chocolate Crunch & Fudge Brownie), 1.6-Ounce Bars (Pack of 30)  Atkins Advantage-Caramel Variety Pack, 15ct

No comments:

Post a Comment