Thursday, December 31, 2009

Yeah! It's time for Strawberries at Farmers Market


I got an email this week from the Farmers Market (across the street from Rice Stadium). One of their vendors has strawberries early this year. Yeah! I am so addicted to the FM. I was thinking about it this week. I love knowing my food is fresh and organic. I enjoy the variety of foods and products. Everything I have bought there has been so tasty! The vendors are so nice as well as the shoppers. I often talk to shoppers in line about recipes and what they are going to do or cook. Every trip is different and you never know what they'll be have new. Take strawberries for instance, you can buy them year around at the grocery store but the ones from the FM are picked ripe and fresh. Sometimes they are so ripe they are red from the outside to the inner core and juicy, oh so juicy!! I think in life you have to find joy in the mundane and day to day stuff. I love going to the FM it's like a game. They are only open a couple of hours Saturday morning and you want to get their early to ensure you get what you are looking for. First I walk around to see what everyone has and taste test. Then I go for the must haves and if I have any money left I buy the wonder what this is and how do I cook it. Last summer I waited in a long line for peaches (the line moved really quick). It was so fun and funny. Everyone in line had a basket of peaches which were so juicy the skins split when I put a bag of tomatoes on top of one of the peaches. By the time I got to the register there were no more peaches available from this vendor. It's like finding that hard to find Christmas toy, Score!!


These are the three Farmers Markets I have been to ...





Here's a good site with all the FMs in the Houston area


3 comments:

  1. Ooo, thanks for the FM info! I had no idea there was one across from Rice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep on postin' Jamie! I've missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie,you're still being missed! Hope to see you posting soon again. G-----y

    ReplyDelete